Thursday, July 21, 2011

Giving up the Drama

" When you feel peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others." Peace Pilgrim
When we are not at peace within, we usually live in a state of drama and chaos. We find a way to stir the pot, or beat the nest, until we can create a storm around us. When we're used to living in a state of unrest, and deflecting our unhealed issues at others, it can be easier to hang out with a swarm of angry hornets, than to sit by a quiet brook with nothing to do and no one to fight.

For most of my life I did not know how to just let things or people be. I needed some kind of drama or chaos, because living in the midst of a storm felt familiar. I was a huge drama queen, until one day, in the midst of my drama,  I saw what I was doing. Now, I'm not saying I no longer know how to stir the pot, because I do. The difference now is, when I start stirring up someone else by creating drama, I quickly see what I'm doing, and know that I'm at choice to stop or keep on stirring.

When I start feeling unimportant or unnoticed, and I find myself on edge looking for some action, I remember that it's okay to be at peace. Deciding to maintain my peaceful center empowers me to step away from the drama and just let life be okay, exactly where it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment