Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Peace of Mind

"For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Peace of mind refers to the absence of mental stress or anxiety; and the presence of serenity, calm, quiet, comfort of mind, and inner peace.

Anger refers to mental stress, and a strong feeling of displeasure or hostility.

WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE?

Five suggestions for finding and maintaining peace of mind , all which are based on willingness,  are:

Be willing to:

1. Give up the need to control others' lives.

2. See the bigger picture.

3. Change from black or white thinking and embrace gray or neutral thinking.

4. Forgive and forget

5. Surrender to "what is" and go with the flow.

I'll cover each of these in my next five blogs, so stay tuned please.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Brenda. I look forward to the other blogs for this series. I totally agree with your five suggestions on obtaining and maintaining peace of mind. I have certainly realized all of them as personal truths in my own life. ~Tameko

    ReplyDelete