Friday, August 5, 2011

Smile

" A smile is the beginning of peace." Mother Teresa

A smile is a facial expression that denotes happiness and pleasure. A true smile includes the eyes. If the mouth is curved upwards, but the eyes are not involved, the smile fails to utter the unspoke message of love. Many times, I know I'm loved by someone because of the genuine look of happiness on their face when I walk into the room. The love shines through their eyes.

A smile can be used to ease tension both for the person smiling and for the one who is being smiled at. Phyllis Diller said, "A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."

Offer yourself and others the gift of a smile today. Spread good will and peace by smiling wholeheartedly. People may wonder what you're up to- but you already know. You're up to offering peace and love.

4 comments:

  1. BIG HUGE HEARTFELT SMILES to you my dear friend!!! Thank you for being someone that causes my heart to smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. You make my heart smile also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely thoughts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete